- Please be as Courteous, Respectful, Welcoming, and Friendly to all players.
- HBN is considered an Adult RPG. All members are required to be 18+ and all sensitive posts must be kept to non-public adult forums and/or tagged with a ‘trigger’ warning..
- Do not do anything to an underage character that you would not do with an underage player. Any depiction of intimacy with minors is explicitly forbidden.
- We are a collaborative role-playing game. Instead of heavy mechanics we require players to communicate to tell a story together.
- Everyone is honour bound to play responsibly; abusing power is frowned upon. We discourage PVP unless absolutely necessary.
- There are consequences to your actions and your characters IE if a wizard is turned into a vampire or Ghouled they will lose all of their powers. Collaborate with Guardians and other players to understand what impacts can occur to others.
- Emotive writing is welcome in our game as long as it is done with clarity and does not involve assumptions that a character should not know.
- Meta-gaming is not permitted. If you cannot provide evidence of where your character was told specific information you may be suspended from the game.
- Writing in Bright Colours is reserved for Guardian use.
- We expect our members to have a good grasp of grammar, character development, and content. These expectations are upheld from the process of submitting a character sheet to your posts.
- Guardians have the final say and authority in all situations from entering private threads to asking you to alter posts or a character to fit into our game setting.
- A minimum of 3 sentences meets the basic requirements of our game (that’s 39 words).
- No abandoning threads, finish everything you begin.
- No more than ONE In-Character position of power per player. This helps maintain an even spread of characters to play politics against.
- Hogwarts is a beginner to advanced role playing site designed to be used by mature adult writers and role players. If you cannot handle critique, this site is not for you. We are here to have fun and grow as people and writers in a creative, intelligent environment. We also expect members to have a basic understanding of RP etiquette. We prove many links to help you explore how to become a better player in our character creation pages. A warning will be issued if you are found in violation of any of basic RP decorum.
- If you are angry take 24 hours before you hit our board or other members with whatever upsets you. Sometimes a time-out is better than burning bridges.
- Don’t post other users’ personal information (Real life and privacy come first).
- All materials produced voluntarily for HBN will be retained for future use; even if a player or Guardian steps down or leaves the game.
- We have a zero-tolerance policy in regards to OOC drama. We will not tolerate it.
- If you have an issue with another member, please try to resolve it amongst yourselves first before addressing it with a Guardian.Conflict should never cross into OOC and vice versa. No name calling or personal insults, harassment, cyber stalking etc…
If you are OK with these House Rules, please see Character Creation to get started!
Extra Reading for Better Role-play:
- Classic RPG Deadly Sins
- Elitist Newbie Guide – From: The White Ferret
- Evil’s of RPG Mary Sue and Gary Stu
Extra Incentives/Benefits to Posting longer replies:
Shown here are posting banners that appear whenever you make a post on the board. Consider them goals. This is a way to know if you are reaching a strong word count as you play with other characters in the game.
On top of knowing you have met a strong word count, it is also used by the Guardians to determine if your RP is strong enough to learn more powers and abilities. The longer and stronger your posts are, the more cool stuff we will let you bring into the game!
Mixed Game Story Concept ©2003 – 2017 HBN | We are a Not-For-Profit Fan-Fiction Game.| Our Game is Based on the Magical World of Harry Potter and is ©J.K. Rowling | OWOD is ©White Wolf Games | Call of Cthulhu is ©Chaosium