(Orange Is The New Black – Wizarding World / Azkaban Style)
After the great wizarding war the dementors were removed from Azkaban as they were deemed torturous by Shacklebolt. This opens up Azkaban as a place where life sentence prisoners of the wizarding world and its Security Aurors can socialise, plot against each other etc and cause drama within their prison.
Azkaban Inmates and Aurors (this includes wizards with lycanthropy):
- Resources for the Magical World: (http://harrypotter.wikia.com) and HP Dating Conventions Timeline.
- Resources for Ilvermorny: (pottermore.com) (harrypotter.wikia.com)
- Resources for The College of Wizardry: (College of Wizardry and http://rollespilsakademiet.dk/cow/thebookofcow4-6.pdf).
2017 Current Canon Information and Canon Characters at Hogwarts:
- (Canon time-line we follow in our game) harrypotter.wikia.com – 2017
- You need to be 18+ or over to play inside Azkaban. You may apply to play as an auror who works outside of Azkaban if you are 17 or younger.
- Inmates are considered lifers (they will never leave).
- Azkaban is considered PVP RP due to the inhabitants being violent convicts.
- We highly encourage pure bloods in our game.
- Time Turners have been confiscated and destroyed by the ministry of magic (all of them *cough*).
- Artefacts will also be under scrutiny as they were also confiscated while the ministry searched for Time Turners.
- Azkaban is secure! Getting in or out without permission should be difficult and ultimately impossible. There have been zero reports of breakouts since the end of the Second Wizarding War.
- Aurors will need to be based out of a Ministry office that is not in the same city as any of the players other characters. At this time Aurors cannot leave as it is a game within a game, but that may change in the future.
- Squibs are considered Mortal Characters in our game. This is due to hiding from being executed in the 2nd Wizarding World.
- Muggleborns do exist, but they’re rare and face prejudice. If you wish to play a Muggleborn; Take time to consider how your character feels about this.
- Electronics do not work at Azkaban. Ghosts zap the energy out of them as soon as they arrive on the island.
- Wizards know very little about ‘Dark Creature’ societies. DADA only teaches the basics per the Ministries Agreement with the Supernaturals.
- Wandless magic does not exist in our setting. All spells require a wand (Only exception are CoC Spells which cannot be used by Wizards).
- Playing a canon character is an option, but remember that we are telling new stories.
(Please remember to read the Character Creation Page)
For centuries, when wizards spoke of werewolves, they were speaking of lycanthropy. The best-known example of this is Remus Lupin. Lycanthropes are cursed and cannot control the change, nor do they possess free will or self-control while they are changed (unless a potion is made to lessen the effect).
True werewolves (Garou) are born not made. They have a society and different abilities of their own. They can control the change and remain themselves no matter which form they are in. It is possible for a true werewolf to go into a frenzy state, but this is rare and is not caused by the full moon.
Garou consider lycanthropes to be creatures of impure blood (like muggle born are to wizards) and tend to dislike them on principle. The fact that wizarding society sees the two as the same is highly offensive. Many wizards still do not understand the difference and treat werewolves with fear and disdain.
Mixed Game Story Concept ©2003 – 2017 HBN | We are a Not-For-Profit Fan-Fiction Game.| Our Game is Based on the Magical World of Harry Potter and is ©J.K. Rowling | OWOD is ©White Wolf Games | Call of Cthulhu is ©Chaosium